The inhibitor feed systems are designed for remote adjustment of inhibitor feed into the pipelines and process units of gas fields, gas well clusters, systems for low temperature separation (LTS) of gas in extreme climate oconditions.
The IFS have extra-low power consumption with possible autonomous operation.
The devices are designed for placement in explosion-hazardous zones of premises and exterior installations.
The IFS can operate in three main modes:
- continuous inhibitor feed at a set flow rate;
- continuous inhibitor feed at a set regulating stem position;
- periodic inhibitor feed at a set interval.
The IFS models vary by application facilities, number of channels and maximum carrying capacity of inhibitor feed channels, namely:
- SPI-02 – gas and gas concentrate production wells;
- SPI-03(-01, -02, -03) – pipelines and process units of gas fields, LTS systems; 1(3) inhibitor feed channels;
- SPI-04 – ipelines and process units of gas fields, LTS systems; 4, 8, 12 or 16 inhibitor feed channels.
In the SPI-02 and SPI-04 systems, the modes are set with a built-in control module on command initiated from the operator's workstation located in an explosion safe zone or from the local automation controller.
In the SPI-03 system, the modes are set with a regulator unit on command initiated from the operator's workstation located in an explosion safe zone or from the local automation controller.
The inhibitor flow rate is changed by a valve with electric drive.
Continuous measurement of the set flow rate in the SPI-02 and SPI-03 systems is provided with HyperFlow-3Pm instrument on a special restrictive orifice. In the SPI-04 system, the flow calculation based on the measured values of pressure, pressure difference and temperature, as well as electric drive control at a set algorithm, are done by the control unit.