The testing section consists of the verified instrument installation spot, a set of straight
sections equipped with outlets for air flow parameter measuring sensors.
The measuring section includes six sets of measuring wires (DN of measuring pipelines: 80, 150, 200, 300, 100, 500)
with possible installation of reference ultrasonic flow meters with corresponding DN on each of them.
Every reference flow meter is a flange measuring section with piezoelectric sensors (8 or 16) and pressure sensor,
the measured medium temperature sensor is installed in the output straight section.
The reference flow meter electronic units have a flow metering channel, temperature metering channel, pressure metering channel,
and provide data output on operating
flow and flow converted to standard conditions. The measuring section is located between the testing section and the flow generator receiver.
The receiver is rectangular in shape, provides damping of the verification medium flow parameters. For easy mounting and
dismounting of reference flow meters, it can be moved with ROCLA type manual cars, forklifts, overhead cranes, etc.
Instrument set and auxiliary equipment
The instrument and auxiliary equipment set is designed for monitoring and measuring the verification medium parameters during verification.
The instruments include:
- flow difference sensor ДП-19 КРАУ5.183.019-17 installed on a measuring line,
connected to the reference meter and verified flow meter;
- pressure and pressure difference sensor programming device КРАУ5.139.011;
The auxiliary equipment includes a set of information and power cables and a set of plugs.
The flow generator is based on type K3G8710-AR03-01 three-phase centrifugal fans with frequency adjustment, 7870 W (4 pcs.).
The fan rate is adjusted automatically and set from the PC operator workplace to ensure necessary head-capacity curve.
Power supply cabinet
The power supply cabinet supplies power to the equipment, including the three-phase centrifugal fans in the flow generator.
PC operator workplace and software
The PC operator workplace with special software for control and setting the installation operation parameters, gathering data from the verified and reference
flow meters and auxiliary equipment, processing and storage of data and reporting is placed near the installation.
The software of the hardware support installation is autonomous (PC-based software).
The verified measuring instruments are connected through closed communication channels.
The measured units are converted and measurement data is processed using the internal hardware and software. The software and gathered data
are stored in the internal storage device (PC hard disk drive).
The software environment is constant, there are no means or user shell for programming or modification of software.
The installation’s software is designed for gathering, processing and presenting information on verification. The software allows for:
- automatic or manual verification;
- saving intermediate and final results of verification in the database;
- export the verification results in the verification report format;
- loading the verification or study results from the database with the flow meter serial number;
- automaic identification and entering the calibration factors in the verified flow meters.
The software for the installation is divided into:
- metrologically significant part;
- metrologically non-significant part.
The software is divided within the code at the programming language level. The metrologically significant software includes:
- software modules involved in processing (calculation) of the measurement results or affecting them;
- software modules involved in gathering or presenting measurement information, its storage,
transfer, identification, protection of software and data;
- software parameters involved in calculations and affecting measurement results.
The metrologically insignificant software include the graphic user interface — terminal program (graphical application for Windows).
Installation operation mode
The installation operation modes are set with the stand automation control program controlling the flow generator fans.